Friday, April 4, 2014

Knitting

It's a lovely rainy day here at the resort.  Just right for knitting.  I'm still working on the baby blanket, but I finished the String Theory Caper Sock Yarn socks.  Love the color--perfect with my well worn blue jeans and Danskos!


And I started and finished another pair.  I think I'm addicted to socks!


I'm in love with this yarn, too.  I got an email from Knit Picks with a special on a pack of six colors of sock yarn and I decided to give it a try.  It was billed as a "Countryside Tweed Sampler" featuring Stroll Tweed, and the colors were ones I love.  And the tweed?  So fun! Love the nubby look and can't wait to start another pair. (See, I told you I was addicted!)  The color of the pair above is called Rabbit Heather and here's how the pack came:


I'm thinking that blue will be next.  ♥

12 comments:

  1. Such pretty yarn! I love making socks, too, which is a good thing! I have LOTS of sock yarn! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ramona. I have enough yarn for six more pair--does that qualify as lots? Probably not, but as long as I have enough at one time to make at least one more pair I'll be happy! :-)

      Delete
  2. Cool! Really nice socks. You know, I have never signed up at KnitPicks -- so I just did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know when I signed up, but when that offer came through, I decided it was a good one and I'm glad I ordered. By my calculations, I saved about fifteen dollars over a regular order of the same yarns and I really like every one I got. And now I have a "stash"! LOL

      Delete
  3. Great looking socks -- I too am addicted to knitting socks. They are my favorite project. That yarn is pretty - I need to check it out --oh no - more stash enhancement - LOL! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I don't know what it is about socks, maybe it's the just knitting in circles, but I do love making them. The yarn was really nice to work with. Blue socks here I come! :-)

      Delete
  4. I think we are affirmed through smaller projects. It feels good to start something that one can actually finish in a timely manner. And then --the end product is useful and appealing. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you've nailed it, Kathy. Perfectly stated!

      Delete
  5. Oh oh, I'd better delete my next email from Knit Picks if this is what happens.! I'm on my first pair, and already I'm planning more. Your socks are really a nice color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dar--thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. I'm sure you'll find socks addicting, too. And don't delete that email from KnitPicks--you may find the offering is a really good deal! Thanks, too, for your work with Quilts of Valor--my WWII vet father received one in 2012 and it was such a blessing for him receive this honor.

      Delete