Monday, April 22, 2013

Projects

Hoo boy.  Somehow this month is just racing by and my blogging is taking a hit.  I mentioned that I had finally come out of my sewing slump and created two projects for embroidery club.  Here's the first one which we'll do in May.  


The embroidered words are from an OESD Design Studio pack called Liberty.  I enlarged it quite a bit so it would fill the background area.  I did the blue one first and then, because I love Osnaburg, did the red one.  I used stitch #4 on my Bernina (I think it's that number on all Berninas) to do the wavy quilting stitch down each stripe. I really like this project and think that it could be fun to do for different seasons with other designs in the background square.  I love projects like this!

Meanwhile, I've cleaned up all the flat areas in my sewing room and I think I'm about ready to make a patriotic wall hanging to go over the sofa table in the living room for the summer.  It's a Schnibbles pattern from Schnibbles Times Two by Carrie Nelson.  It has many small pieces so I'd best be starting on it so I'll be ready by Memorial Day.  

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Chris, they're beautiful! I love that you shared what stitch on your Bernina you used. I really like the Schnibbles patterns..pretty much all of them. I've missed you,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! I always think of you when I think of Schnibbles. In fact, you're the reason I first started looking at her patterns! I've actually started on my wall hanging--the pieces are cut and I've started stitching on the blocks.

      Delete
  2. As a participant in embroidery club, I look forward to making the "We the People" panel(s) and learning how to use stitch #4. I was pleased to find fabric in my stash. Somehow it helps if I don't have to stand in front of bolts of fabric trying to make a decision. And I have one patriotic piece that's quite whimsical and won't work with the rather formal lettering, but I'll bring it along anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kath! I'm glad you're looking forward to the class. I think we'll have fun and you'll love stitch #4. I use it all the time; I think it's my favorite stitch! Glad you found fabric--I agree, sometimes the stress of finding the right fabric for a project takes all the fun out of it. Now you'll be set to go. And my interest is piqued over the whimsical fabric. :-)

      Delete