Sunday, April 14, 2013

Catching Up

Ahem, it's just a few days later, right?  {Smile}.  Time just keeps flying by.  Anyway, here are a few pictures of the work Dan did outside my sewing room.  (I didn't think to take a "before" photo, but just picture a badly overgrown shrub...)


The debris from said badly overgrown shrub:


Hooking on the cable to pull the roots:


Ta Da!


Over the next few days, Dan pulled all the ground cover and the whole area is now bare.  Except for the snow flakes that fell today.  Um hum, snow.  But it didn't stay, so we're okay.  

Since it was a cold, snowy day, we had a yummy supper of pork loin, potatoes and carrots.  I used my wonderful Pampered Chef covered baker this time and everything was dee-licious.  The pork was so moist and tender. When I set it on the table, I decided it was all so beautiful it deserved a commemorative photo:


Meanwhile, my sewing muse, which had vanished for many weeks, came back this last week and I had fun in my sewing room creating several projects for future embroidery clubs at the shop.  Yay!!  And today I spent hours sorting through piles on my tables and then playing with my machines, trying different features and experimenting with presser feet and stitches.  I had fun!  

Now I'm heading for bed with a stack of sewing magazines looking for more inspiration.  ♥

8 comments:

  1. Good pics! Was the overgrown shrub obscuring your window? If so, the removal must have lightened your sewing venue.

    Those muses flit in and out. Yesterday I cleared a spot on the sofa in my sewing room so that Mike has a place to sit. More needs to be done so that Nick and Hallie will have a place to sleep when they come on the 26th.

    I wish I would experiment more with my machines and accessories. I tend to stick with what I know -- and then I get what I've always gotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shrub was low, probably covering the very bottom of my window. But you're right--it does seem lighter in there.

      I watched some Bernina Webinars and they always inspire me to try something new.

      Delete
    2. Hmmmm. Can we watch those webinars anytime? I usually don't pay much attention because I don't want to commit to a schedule that perhaps I won't be able to keep.

      Delete
    3. Yes, you can get to the newest ones on the Bernina site under "What's New" and if you look in the files on the Yahoo Bernina group, there a link to all the webinars that one of the members records and put on a file sharing site.

      Delete
  2. That's great! I love yard work. It's therapeutic to have a task that provides instant gratification. Dan's chore was among the lesser enjoyable tasks. If it requires a truck and a wench, it's outside of my capabilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hallie! This job required a truck and saws and chains and axes and wrenches, so it was for sure outside both your and my capabilities! :-) Dan thrives on these kinds of projects, however. Good thing, because we have a never-ending supply of them!

      Delete
  3. Serious roots. Glad hubby could even get it out. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it was one seriously overgrown shrub! I'm so glad Dan seems to like such challenges...

      Hugs back!

      Delete