Meatloaf, baked potatoes and sweet potatoes are in the oven and it smells so good here! I'm a simple eater: soups, casseroles, meatloaf--love them! I'm so thankful Dan does, too. And that he's always willing to eat leftovers. :-)
Down in the sewing room, those triangles have all been sewn together and piled in stacks . . .
. . . and are being put together in blocks to form pinwheels.
It's been rather slow going because I have to be careful to put each set of triangles in the right position and then be careful not to muff them up as I stitch. I haven't figured out how many blocks I'm going to end up with yet, but I'll surround each one with brown sashing, and maybe a cornerstone, color to be determined.
I've also gotten back to knitting, so I'll have a post about what's on my needles later this week.
Meanwhile, I have the sniffles, or allergies. The quilt shop where I work is also a flower shop and the florist was working with lilies last Friday (the day I work each week). Lilies are my greatest floral nemesis! But the sniffles have also been going around, so it may be that, or a combination. I don't feel really bad, but energetic I'm not. That meatloaf is going to taste mighty good; nothing like comfort food when you feel a little sniffly.
I'm so glad your triangles are turned into a viable project. Sometimes using up scraps can be very rewarding. What fun!
ReplyDeleteWe had bean soup for supper. I, too, am blessed with a husband who is easy to feed -- even the leftovers.
Hope you feel better soon.
Well, I'm *hoping* the triangles will turn into a viable project! I do feel rather virtuous about trying. :-)
DeleteThanks for the well wishes. I'm still rather sniffly, but hopefully tomorrow it will all be gone.
I love what you're doing. The brown is a perfect neutral to make those fun patterns POP!
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon. I had a bout of the sneezes/sniffles a week or two ago. It managed to NOT turn into a full fledged cold and for that I am grateful.
Thanks for the encouragement, Hallie. I do have hopes it will all turn out.
DeleteI'm trying to keep these sniffles from turning into a full fledged cold, but as of yet I'm not certain. However, so far, so good!