I truly think summer has arrived and how wonderful it is!! We had a small Bible study in East City Park this morning, starting at nine, and it was so lovely. Lots of people, especially small children, were about, and our table of four was just right for sharing what we've each been learning. A great start to the day!
Dan is off in Coeur d'Alene, working again, and so I'm puttering around the house. Lots of chores to do, but all day to do them. We've been doing a little work in the kitchen and it's looking so good. Cleaning out closets is next on my list--the ones in the boys' room and the downstairs guest room are just piled with stuff that's on its way OUT. Time for order and space.
In the sewing room, I completed a purse last week and love how it turned out. I bought the pattern when we in Longmont last November and several weeks ago I decided it was time to be brave and tackle something new. Yes, another buffalo to be tamed. It was interesting to make as it had lots of interfacings of various sorts to make it sturdy and firm.
I think I'd like to make another one, this time all out of one fabric. There's a cute red print at the shop that would look good with denim (my uniform!).
And now, I'm off to get to those chores. Or maybe a nap. Hmmm... :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is a GREAT purse! Is that a true button closure or is there a hook/magnet underneath? I really like the multiple fabrics. Are there pockets on the inside? I like it when a purse has at least one zipper pocket for special items. My current purse has a divider down the middle, a place for my phone, three pen slots and MORE! Honestly, it's a bit much, but I couldn't resist. Best aspect of the purse? A MIRROR on the inside flap! You'd be surprised how often that's handy.
ReplyDeleteI like the purse, too. I've been thinking about making one for myself, but I haven't selected the pattern. I have lots of projects to finish -- many things to make. And if I can get to Jo-Ann's this weekend, there's a tote bag pattern I want . . .
ReplyDeleteHallie's comment makes me think of what sister Joni said years ago: "I spend hours looking for the perfect purse."
Oh -- and is it still summer at the resort, Chris? A storm came through yesterday and I think we'll be lucky to see 75 today.
Thanks, Hallie and Kathy. This was a totally different project for me, and I assure you that I took days to slowly work on it.
ReplyDeleteHallie, the nice thing about making your own purse is that you can customize it however you wish. I made this one according to the instructions and so it has two pockets on the back side of the purse. If I make it again, I'll put two more on the front side. I'm not sure, given the design elements of the purse, if it would be possible to put in a zippered divider. The button is purely decorative; a magnetized snap is the closure and I must say I was pleased with the ease of attaching the parts! I felt very professional! :-)
I'm not much of a purse person, but I really do like the size and style of this one. They had one made up at the shop in Longmont and being able to actually see it cinched the pattern purchase.
Kathy, it's cooler today, but ever so lovely! Dan took me out for breakfast and I felt like on was on vacation. :-) My omelet was scrumptious and I had marmalade on my English muffin. Mmmmm...