A little late, but that's me. :-) It was a great family weekend and so I'll just share some photos.
Gigi and Daniel:
Great Papa and the little man:
Ann and Cameron:
Keaton:
Below is a sleepy Daniel in one of the two bibs my dad brought back from Tombstone, Arizona back when Ann and Matt were little. It's been dribbled with a lot of cereal in its day!
Great Papa and Gigi were up on Friday for the day and we had a good time shopping and eating burgers. Ann, Eric and the boys were back on the 4th for grilled sausages and then Cameron and Keaton put on a great fireworks display for us. As we cleaned up the kitchen, the boys arranged all the different fireworks in the order they wanted to set them off, and then took turn lighting them. It was a wonderful and very special evening.
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm still posting about the Fourth of July, too. I didn't decide to do it until the Fourth was past. Oh well -- it's my blog! (LOL)
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting the pictures, especially of Gigi and Great Papa and little Daniel -- and it's good to see everyone else, too!
Seconded! The pictures are great and it's always nice seeing what you're up to. Can you believe we didn't even watch fireworks this year? In bed by 10:15...ugh!
ReplyDeletePictures. I can honestly say that having a blog has made me much, much better about taking pictures! And a digital camera has made it much easier to take lots and lots of pictures so I'm *almost* guaranteed some good ones.
ReplyDeleteHallie, some years are just like that. Next year you'll probably decide to go all out, have a picnic with friends and watch some great fireworks! Variety. :-)
I think it's normal that the importance of some things we thought were special when we were young just fade away -- like no longer staying up late (especially on Friday or Saturday), no longer caring much about fireworks, etc.
ReplyDeleteWhat?!? You don't stay up late on Friday or Saturday nights??? :-) Maybe it's because Dan's still working so much, but I still think those are the nights to watch TV late, or read late, and maybe go out to dinner.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, we don't usually do much on days like the 4th of July, or Labor Day. so once in a while, like this year, it's fun to actually celebrate. Whatever works, whenever it works. It's nice to be able to choose.