goin' on here. Dan is home from another jaunt to Coeur d'Alene, and is out helping Amy's father spray weeds on the farm, and I'm trying to get motivated to do a little redecorating by watching HGTV. I just watched a $100,000 kitchen/family room redo that ended up quadrupling in price when they decided to add "outdoor living space." According to my math, that would end up being $400,000. Reality check?!? Mercy me!
However, I am pleased to report that I dusted and vacuumed last night and that the smooth surfaces of our house are dust-free and shining. As much as I hate those chores the results are hard to deny. And all for the price of a few sprays of Pledge and a little aerobic exercise as I pushed the vacuum. Score!!
I'm also working on a project for the shop and I'll share it when I get a little further along. It's out of my color comfort zone at the moment, but I think I'll like the final result.
Happy weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I never watch HGTV. I have a mindset that says, "it is what it is" so I find decorating ideas frustrating. And a part of it is the price, I guess. However, we did improve our sunroom by installing a slider window and I'm thinking some wicker furniture or a table and chairs would be nice instead of using it for storage.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm not even going to tell you what I think about dust --
But I look forward to seeing the project for the shop. Project for the shop -- what could it be?
"And I'm not even going to tell you what I think about dust--" LOL!! Too funny! Well, I'm not very good about keeping up with it, and up here it's a constant challenge if the windows are open. But it does look so nice when it's been done.
ReplyDeleteMy little decorating project has cost about $150 so far, which is just about right. I've got sewing to do next, but first I've got to measure. Guess I'll have to do a little blog post on it when I'm done. :-)
I like HGTV...sometimes I see really good ideas that I file away in my brain. I lean on others for decorating skill, but I like to absorb ideas about storage solutions and landscaping, and I marvel at how they'll paint a room in a seemingly obnoxious color and then it looks great when finished!
ReplyDeleteAlso very curious about the shop project!
Someone in this house needs to get sewing!! Stuff just seems to come up...
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Hallie--good ideas on HGTV, often ones I would *never* think of myself. And sometimes it just inspires me to clean and sort, which is always a good thing. :-)