I've finished the baby quilt and it's so sweet, I just want to look at it all day long. I had scraps to work with, and used them to make nine-patch blocks measuring six inches, finished. The green dot fabric for sashing was from my stash, and the pink corner stones were every last inch of pink check from the star block-of-the-month quilt. The pink border was fabric I found at the bottom of a pile; apparently I had bought the end of a bolt, probably for some future baby quilt, and amazingly enough it was the same pink as in the quilt.
I have no idea who this quilt is for, but I sure had a good time putting it together. It's hanging over the railing in the entryway and it's making me smile. Pink, green and yellow. It's like a sweet spring day.

And now this Grammy is off to begin the first of nine pairs of boxers for certain little men to wear as summer jammies.
Oooh, you're right it is absolutely sweet! Aren't baby quilts the BEST to make? I enjoy them more than anything. Yours is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThe quilt turned out beautiful! Yay for more boxers! Now if the weather could stay warm and sunny...
ReplyDeleteI hear the warm and sunny weather is coming.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're pleased with the quilt. Last I heard there was a little edge of concern. Yes, I'm definitely glad to hear you are pleased. It all came together so well, and it's beautiful.
It's so soft and pretty, Chris.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry - I don't need any boxers...LOL
Kathy, while I absolutely love the quilt, the *quilting* is nothing to write home about. It's just "okay", but I'm fine with that. I don't think it takes away from the fabric or the quilt design, and that's what I was afraid of when I wrote you.
ReplyDeleteDan was home overnight before leaving this morning for another two-day gig, and when he saw it he told me he thought I should keep it as it was so perfect! (Love that man!!)
I was raised by one who lovingly critiqued my work -- whatever it was -- so that I would learn and do better next time, so I tend to show my work defensively and to feel badly where it "fails." I'm doing some smaller, simpler projects for practice of the art and practice in acceptance. Your quilt is very pretty and only you know your disappointment. And -- it's not a buffalo on some shelf. It's finished and ready for service.
ReplyDelete