I have three completed with the fourth half done. As I noted in a previous blog, these are so cute: droopy backsides, numerous flat-felled seams, fly fronts, and stitched-in elastic. I'm certain the first pair I made took me six hours. Now, after many years, I can make a pair in about an hour and a half, but the first pair each summer still goes in fits and starts until I get back in the groove. When I have these nine finished, my total will be forty-five since I first started in 2002.
Here are a few pictures from the workshop:
And the second pair of monkey boxers in process:
And fabric and pattern for more:
One of these days they'll be too big for Grammy Jammies, so I'm enjoying every moment of sewing these. Lots of blessings in every seam.
What fun! They sure are cute.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kath. It just dawned on me that I should take a picture of the back so you can see the seaming and the "droopy" rear.
ReplyDeleteOh those are cute. I know some "big" girls who would happily wear those around the house! LOL
ReplyDeleteDo you have nine different fabrics or will some of the boys have matching boxers? What is a flat-felled seam? Sure looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteHi Hallie! Some fabric is for all three, some for two, some for one! I try to match to the boys. A flat-felled seam is like the one on your jeans--the seam where you can see two rows of stitches and it's thick. It's not really hard to do, just take time.
ReplyDelete