Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Meanwhile . . .

Yes, April came and went, and so did May and now we're on the last day of June.  Boy, time sure flies when you just puttering along!

So what did I do?  Just the usual.  Cooking, cleaning, baking, you know, the usual household chores.  And reading.  Lot and lots of reading. I've always loved to read and having that Kindle Unlimited subscription just put lots of fun books at my fingertips.  So I indulged.  I'm a fan of cozy mysteries.  A few murders, but no gore, ugly violence or bad words.  Just entertainment.  And I was entertained.  

So now I'm slacking off the reading a little and working on some counted cross stitch.  A number of years ago I did three little Prairie Schooler seasonal scenes and I found the fourth one last winter. Unfortunately I had to buy a booklet that included the ones I had already made to get it. It's an autumn one so I decided to get cracking on it so I'd have it ready when fall comes.  Guess what?  It's as much fun as a cozy mystery!  

Here's a picture showing all of the four seasons:


I'm working on the one in the lower left and here's where I was earlier today:


These little designs just make me happy.  Prairie Schooler is the company that does the yearly St. Nicholas's I have been stitching out for years.  I love the colors they use and the simple yet detailed designs.  Primitive but not excessively so.  (And I love borders!)

The weather here has been hot.  HOT I say!  It was over 107° today and yesterday, and it's supposed to last through the weekend.  I'm so very thankful for air conditioning!  

And finally, what about that Christmas tree quilt I started last winter?  Well, I finally got the last of the top pieced today.  Hopefully I'll be back to share about that soon!  ♥

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear about your reading and your stitching and most of all that you have been happy and entertained. The cross stitch is lovely. Do you call the finished work a "picture?" I've never known.

    It is time to be thinking about our fall/winter projects. Perhaps our new grandson expected in October will be my project for this year.

    Looking forward to seeing your Christmas tree quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I decided it was time to stitch fall things. I even have my next cross stitch project ready to go! It's bigger, so we'll see how I do.

      Baby stuff is the most fun! I think it's perfect to have him be your project for the year.

      Delete