Tuesday, December 17, 2019

A Little Seque

Yes, I know I left my last post indicating that I was about to start our Christmas cards.  Didn't happen.  A picture of a pattern which I had previously downloaded popped up on Facebook. Now done up in Christmas colors, it drew me down the rabbit hole and I headed for my sewing room, inspired to action.  The pattern was for a very cute potholder and it is a free download.  

Here are the two I made:


And a closer view of each one:


I chose red and green but not in obvious Christmas fabrics so they can be used year 'round.


I had so much fun quilting the fabrics and then choosing coordinating colors for the bias binding.  I love my Clover 1" bias tape maker!  Also, using Bernina foot #10 makes topstitching a pleasure.  It's so nice to have just the right tools for every job.  ♥

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that you went to the sewing room and did something special! You can never have too many potholders.

    I have the bias tape makers in three sizes but not the #10 foot. Sometimes I just don't know what tool is right for the job -- and if what they try to sell me as the right tool is really necessary.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just feel compelled to come here again and say how much I admire that you found something you wanted to make (the potholders) and went to your sewing room and made them. I start a lot of things through inspiration that never get finished. I have a lot of interruptions. I even interrupt myself!

    I know I've told you this before, but when we were young teen-agers, one night before Christmas you came to my house with socks you were knitting for your dad. My mother later said that was one of her favorite Christmas memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Both for the kudos and the memory. I've had so much fun making those potholders! I've made five now and given three of them away. They are pretty quick to make and choosing the fabrics is definitely part of the fun.

      I remember making Dad those socks, they were the first pair I ever made. I also remember the evening at your house. You and your family inspired me to make gifts for people, and as you know, inspired my decorating. Lots of years of memories between us. Merry Christmas!

      Delete