Monday, March 6, 2017

I Keep Tryin'!

However in the world has it been almost a month since I posted? Is the world just spinning faster and faster?  

So, I'm going to attempt to do some more catching up on sewing room projects. Sometime in January, I saw that Craftsy was having a blowout sale and I succumbed to temptation. And it was a good thing! I ordered quite a bit of fabric, all of it Moda except for a pack of Tonga Treats, and I got it all for half price or less. Score!! I ordered mostly soft florals for more baby quilts since I used up every scrap I had of that type of fabric to make the quilts I wrote about last time. Here's a couple of glimpses of my loot:



I actually ordered several coordinated packs which had differing amounts of the selected fabrics varying in length from 1/3 yard to a yard, and one large 4-yard pack. The Tonga Treats will go into a stash of fabrics I'm compiling so that I can do some of Edyta Sitar's designs. I'm not normally a batik fabric person, but she mixes them with regular cotton fabrics and I love the look. Some day!

Here, as promised are the two boy quilts I have ready to give to our local crisis pregnancy centeer.


The smaller one on the left is made from scraps of the bigger one with a few fat quarters added in! Finding fabrics for boys is proving hard to do, but I will be on the lookout!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry I'm ten days late in noticing this post. (I've been distracted in my own world.) Nice boy quilts! And I'm blown away by how quickly you make them. I seem to be very s-l-o-w with my projects. And your new fabrics are beautiful. I'm trying to avoid adding a lot to my stash at this time. My cupboard is bulging. (But -- it is fun to buy new fabric.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! When I was distracted when Dad was sick and then later, I know I missed a number of your posts.

      I think I'm a pretty pokey sewer so it warms my heart to think you think I'm quick!!

      Delete
  2. What is a crisis pregnancy center? Your donation is especially generous--the recipient is getting a beautiful, handmade piece. I love the florals. I used to always get floral sheets for my bed growing up. I liked them and they went nicely with the bedroom set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hallie! It's for women who find themselves pregnant (and often single) who need help. It provides them with prenatal care, things for the baby, a supportive groups of other mothers like themselves, and things that like.

      Delete