Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Red, White and Blue

I'm a fan of using peanut M&M's as part of my seasonal decorating and love that they make appropriately colored bagsful throughout the year.  Last summer a Facebook friend posted a picture of a bowl of red, white and blue ones and I wanted some. I searched all over town to no avail and was totally bummed.  This year I decided to start my looking early, but still no luck.  I even looked on line and did find some--for some pretty amazing prices,  Apparently the M&M people don't make many bags and some people are price gouging.  I didn't purchase.

Fortunately back in March when I had some Valentine's M&M's left over as I changed over to Easter hued ones, I noticed I had a few white ones left.  In a light-bulb moment, I scooped out the whites and put them in a ziplock baggie...just in case.  I bought a huge Costco bag of the usual multi-colored ones last trip and picked out some red and blue ones.  And so it is that I have a bowl of red, white and blue peanut M&M's to add to my summertime Americana decorating.


And I tell everyone to only eat the red and blue ones.  ♥

4 comments:

  1. Yes -- and M&Ms go stale anyway, so for the freshest experience, they should avoid the white ones. If I had been picking colors out of the bag of M&Ms, it would have been "one for me, one for the bowl. . ." ad infinitum.

    So true -- you can find those illusive products online but the price will be exorbitant. $50 for a bottle of Neutrogena shamnpoo? $20 for the box of Mike's favorite Tootsie pops (which we used to buy for $7 at Costco). I don't think so!

    Nice seasonal decorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kath. And I have been eating a few yellow and orange ones from the bag!

      Delete
    2. I read somewhere about a couple who wanted a specific color of M&Ms for their wedding, so they bought regular bags and separated out the colors they wanted because that was actually the cheapest way to go. I've been watching for the red, white, and blue but haven't seen them. Tough to realize, but the Fourth is almost upon us, but I've been practicing what you suggested -- red, white, and blue works from Memorial Day through Labor Day.

      Delete
    3. I've heard that you can order special colors and even have them imprinted by the M&M people.

      Delete