Hey, Bruder Bear. Remember the basement guest bath? The one you've been forced to endure using for a number of years? The one with the unbelievably green fixtures? Take a look now!
Just look at that bee-u-ti-ful sink! Gorgeous new faucets! And a lovely new toidy which sits higher! Yes, the counter is the same, and unfortunately for now the tub is the same, but no more will you have to endure shaving over an ugly green sink. Dan has been hard at work, with more planned. Come visit and see!! ♥
Note to those who have not visited this bath: The fixtures were bright green. For those of you who would know, Washington Water Power green. With gold faucets. I know. It doesn't even bear thinking about. Why we waited this long is a mystery that will never be solved.
You waited because you were working -- and still work to some extent. And even though they were green, they were functional. And so it could wait until the time was right. The time was right --you got it done.
ReplyDeleteWell thanks for the vote of understanding, but I still think we were remiss in not tackling this ugly duckling years ago. But there are always things to be done, and you're correct--what was there was functional. However, let me shout it from the rooftop: I'm so glad two pieces are gone!!!!
DeleteAnd the new pieces are beautiful. Well, we're at the point of needing to do things here, and I don't want to face it -- you know, painting, carpeting, and new living room furniture. I do have some new window treatments coming soon, and that's a start. How long have I threatened new window treatments? Ten years.
DeleteWell, at least we can say we're not impulsive! LOL AND we are *very* excited about each update!
DeleteBruder Bear sent this message via email this morning:
ReplyDeleteI like it, need to see it during Christmas time! I sent it to the kids and Karen too.
You better keep that handy man around…….
Where's the "before" photo?? :) Is that to say that the tub is still green? I'm interested in what you'll do there. If it's a ceramic tub, I think you can glaze it a new color, but maybe you'll get a new tub. We haven't TOUCHED our upstairs bathroom yet, which I believe I was quoted to have said, "THAT bathroom, will be the first thing we fix." What I wonder (most usually wondered when I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night), is why we don't at least put a working toilet and sink in that bathroom while it awaits remodel? Another mystery of the universe...
ReplyDeleteSad to say I never even thought off a before photo!! It was so ugly, I hate to even go in there, and when we bought the new stuff, all I could think of was how good it was going to look. Total fail in the before and after category! No prize winning blog post for me!!
DeleteDo you mean that the only working bath in your house is in the basement and you have to go down there? Don't be like us--buy the toilet you want and get it installed! You can re-install it when the bath gets its total makeover. I repeat--don't be like us!! :-)
I love this reply! "Don't be like us!" And I applaud your advice. I don't know how much work the plumbing in Hallie's bathroom needs, but surely they could make the commode functional, even if they just bought a cheapy for now. As for the sink, if that's a problem, it's only a few steps to the kitchen from the upstairs bath-- better than going to the basement.
DeleteOh! I have a lot to say today...I was going to mention that our tub is cast iron and every contractor we've talked to has recommended keeping it, so I suppose we will. It's white.
ReplyDeleteOur tubs are cast iron, too. I'm thinking of looking into what a re-coloring of the green one would entail/cost. (I have to say that Dan is not a fan of the idea because he thinks it wouldn't last.)
Delete