Thursday, November 6, 2014

Dinner and A Movie


Our town has two old movie theaters that are still in operation--of sorts.  They are both used for special events and the occasional movie showing.  A week or so ago we were driving down Main Street on a Friday afternoon and noticed one of them had a free showing of Casablanca that night.  It's one of Dan's favorite movies and he was super excited at the prospect of seeing it on the big screen so we decided it was a "must see."  

We always usually have a date on Friday nights; it's a longstanding tradition and we both look forward to it. Mexican is our usual food of choice and we have several great places to choose from. (When we both worked and had kids at home, our date was Saturday morning breakfast out.  "Hi!  I remember you from last Saturday morning!  How was your week?")

We managed to remember our movie plans once we got home and went out for dinner early enough to have plenty of time to eat, take our leftovers back home and get to the theater.  A small crowd assembled and we settled in to watch a video favorite in all its big screen glory. We mouthed the famous phrases and enjoyed the entire evening.  Ahhh, the classics, where you leave satisfied, not horrified.  ♥

4 comments:

  1. What a great date night! Hallie has a framed movie poster from Casablanca. It's in French, as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. French! How fun! And yes, it was a great date night! Soon we'll be off on another, but I think it's only dinner. :-)

      Delete
  2. Ha! Yes, I think it is in French, but you'd barely know it "Casablanca...avec Paul Henried". No matter how many times I see a movie, I still can't recite the lines just right. It's a weird window into my mind--I'm a context learner, but not so much about details. Do we NEED to remember the exact year that wars started and ended?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a former history major, I'd say that as long as you know the approximate time frame of an event, and it's importance, you're good. And if it has no importance, why remember? Those are my theories anyway. But then I changed to elementary education, so what do I know?

      Delete