Friday, May 30, 2014

Catchin' Up -- Again

Due to Mom's illness, my blog has been left standing by the side of the road for too long, so I may be posting several days in a row here.  Shocking, I know!  

We have not yet come to a conclusion with Mom's medical issues, but we've found that while it is serious, it does not involve anything life-threatening, which is a relief. She's dealing with things that she'd rather not at the moment, however, and weighing a difficult surgery against going with the current treatments.  Not an easy choice for someone who will be eighty-nine in just three months.  

Meanwhile, grandsons Cameron and Keaton have just finished another year of school and with it came Cameron's graduation from eighth grade!  


Oh how that boy is growing!  He's taller than his Grammy now, with Keaton not far behind.  They both had a great year of school and did so well.  We are very thankful and blessed to be their grandparents.  (Picture shamelessly stolen from the school's FB page.)

I'm slowly working away on another table runner from the Keepsake Trio quilting pattern by Laundry Basket Quilts and will post about that soon.  Another pair of socks is also on the needles and scrapbooking pages are being created.   

And last, this is just for you, Hallie.  Here's a picture of this morning's toasted cinnamon raisin English muffin halves as they came out of my fabulous new toaster (plain, no butter; peanut butter added after photo):


And this concludes today's update.  Stay tuned for more, hopefully tomorrow!  ♥

5 comments:

  1. Great to have you back, Chris! Love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! -- and I should have said we're all pulling for your mom with thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kath. We appreciate it and I'll pass your words on to Mom.

      Delete
  3. And I should also have congratulated Cameron on his graduation from 8th grade. We have a grandson in Denver who has had a successful year -- academically, on the swim team, and with the drama club. Boggles my mind what young people accomplish these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dittos...good thoughts to you mom, kudos to Cameron, and MY WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT TOAST! :) I agree with your toast preference of perfection.

    ReplyDelete