Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday, Monday

I haven't meant to be gone so long, but once again, it seems it has happened.  I worked at the shop four days last week, and then of course, there was housework and cooking to be done.  I have good excuses!!

And now it's Monday morning, almost two weeks since my last post.  It's a gorgeous sunny morning and I've exercised, made breakfast, scrubbed the kitchen sink, washed my hair, made the bed, and contemplated the rest of my chores for the day. Laundry.  Deciding on dinner.  And hopefully, some sewing.  

As I prepared to make my usual cup of French Vanilla Coffee this morning, I reached into the cupboard to choose a mug for the day.  As I pondered my options, I chose this one:


I bought it years ago from one of those PBS catalogs which are so full of fun and unusual items.  I need this mug often because it's so easy for me to think I must be Wonder Woman and accomplish all my tasks early and quickly and then set about the save the world.  Isn't that true for most of us?  In an attempt to remind myself of reality, I chose it again today.  One thing at a time, and then think wisely about the next.  That's my motto for today.  ♥

One day last week I took the vacuum out and set it in the living room as a reminder that I really needed to put it to work.  I regret to say that it's still sitting there.  Add that to my list of contemplated chores for the day (I'm promising nothing).   


I did finish my wall hanging and I will soon be putting it up in the living room.  I am ridiculously pleased with it!  I love the fabric and found quite a bit of it is still available online so I may get some to make a coordinating quilt for the rocker.  Perhaps the matching bigger size?  


Time to sort the laundry and throw a load in.  So thankful I can walk away while the washer churns and tackle another item on my list!  

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Mike insisted we clean house a bit today. He vacuumed. I scrubbed. I have three loads of laundry on the line and now the dishwasher is running. I decided there was enough leftover pork for supper. Now I'm preparing to cut the "Halloween Masquerade" quilt. Such lovely fabric -- really!

    Your wall hanging is beautiful, and it's such fun to discover more fabric in the series online. Actually, I bought more of this "Halloween Masquerade" at half price. No clue what I'll do with it -- but something.

    Don't work too hard. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries about working too hard. :-) No sewing was done, but some pondering of projects was. No decisions were made, however. We did sort out the big freezer and it was something I've been wanting to do for weeks. Now I know what's in there and for at least the time being, I'll be able to find things. That project puts a big smiley face on today! ☺

      Delete
  2. Hi Chris...I'm giggling because my vacuum is still sitting where I brought it out to use FOUR days ago.....I guess great minds think alike...ROFLOL

    I hope one day you'll share pics of the shop you work in. Is that where you buy your beautiful fabrics?

    Happy Tuesday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cindy, you made me laugh! (Now do I confess my vacuum got hauled out last Wednesday--and hasn't been used yet??)

      Okay, I'm putting it down in writing--I'll vacuum Wednesday, May 22, and I'll even put the year: 2013. LOL

      Hmm, pictures of the shop. I'll have to think about that. I don't think the owners would care.

      Delete
  3. I'll bet the owner wouldn't mind a bit if you shared pictures of the shop. You could even have a shop blog. You could blog about "Little Mama Designs," too. But -- it's up to you. No pressure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, as I told Cindy, I'll think about it. I don't think they'd mind, either.

      A blog post about "Little Mama Designs" might be fun--I'll think about that, too!

      Delete