Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hooray for the Red, Cream and Blue!

The top is pieced!!  Boy, there's as much work in this wall hanging as there is in a big quilt--the pieces are just smaller.  But I love it!!  


I'm seeing stars and stripes!  I've never done a "piano key" border before, but it fit perfectly, which is amazing given all those seams.  I'm going to try to quilt this tomorrow as I have an extra "day off" (the class Ann usually attends on Wednesdays is cancelled tomorrow) and I won't have to cook dinner as Dan will be at a men's dinner at church.  Stay tuned!  

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You are coming up with so many finishes that it makes my head spin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed when I read your comment, Kathy. I think I'm just about the pokiest sewer around. But...thanks!! :-)

      Delete
    2. I really think I'm the pokiest, but the good news is that it's not a competition, so we'll never know who finishes last.

      Delete
    3. We'll call it a tie and keep on stitchin'. :-)

      Delete
  2. An extra day off and no cooking? I'd be sewing too, LOL.

    I have loved this piece since the first time you shared it in Blogland.

    Enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cindy. I've had a wonderful day! I told Dan I feel like a twelve-year old today, lazing around and enjoying summer (it's actually hot here today!) like I did when I was a kid.

    I got the top quilted this afternoon and the binding made, so in a few minutes I'm heading to my sewing room to start stitching it on. Then some relaxing hand sewing. :-)

    ReplyDelete