My stash of baby bibs was down to two, and those were for girls, so I decided to go into production and replenish my stack. Here's a picture of some of the twenty-three I still have. Nine have recently gone to showers, all boys, and there's another shower, again a boy, next Saturday.
My Bruder Bear was up last Friday with his daughter Jennifer and her new little baby, Grant. Jenny was a very intrepid new mama and flew all the way from Louisiana by herself with Grant while Greg was out of town for work, and then she and BB drove up to Mom and Dad's so they could see their little great-grandson. Dan and I were invited, too, and had a wonderful afternoon visiting and getting to know Grant. He's definitely a keeper! Both Ann and Jenny lamented that Daniel and Grant weren't able to meet as Ann and Eric left that day to spend the long weekend with Eric's parents. I think my Bruder Bear is enjoying being a grandpa. :-)
Meanwhile, Dan had a meeting in Coeur d'Alene on Tuesday, so he invited me along and we enjoyed two days out of town. I shopped Bear Paw Quilts while he attended his meeting, then we hit Costco, checked into our motel, went out for a nice dinner, and retired to a room that someone else would clean the next day. :-) It was a lovely get-away. We did a little more shopping on Wednesday and headed home.
We drove up in a raging snowstorm and we drove back home in another one. It snowed five days last week, and three this week, and it's currently -3 outside.
And now I wish you a warm and comfy weekend!
Wonderful pic of BB and Grant.
ReplyDeleteI spent the weekend convalescing. Today I ran the machines, folded laundry, changed the bed. I feel like I've accomplished a lot. Maybe I'll even water the plant.
What a wonderful array of bibs!
Did I miss something? From what were you convalescing? It sounds as if you are doing better.
ReplyDeleteI've been rather lazy today. We did trek out into the snowstorm to visit the library and I picked up a couple of books, including an interesting one on John and Abigail Adams, and several magazines.
Now it's time to redeem myself and go and make a pizza for supper. And a salad. :-)
Recuperating is the wrong word. I just have trouble saying I'm sick -- enforced laziness.
ReplyDeleteIt got up to 53 today with wind and rain. No snow.
Those bibs are wonderful! You really could have a bib business, I'm sure of it.
ReplyDeleteThat's a cute little fellow with your brother. ;)
Thanks, Hallie. I do enjoy making the bibs, but I doubt I could make them to sell--I'm not very quick and I'd probably only make fifty cents an hour!
ReplyDelete