Sunday, January 9, 2011

Welcome Baby Daniel!

Today is our 39th anniversary and we got a wonderful gift--a new grandson! Daniel Lane was born this morning at 5:49 weighing in at eight pounds, fourteen ounces and twenty-one inches long. His arrival was quick and he's perfect.


The chocolate was a gift from Papa Dan to Ann for a job well done. :-)

Here's big brothers Cameron and Keaton with their new little brother:


We are so thankful for this new little bundle of love God has given us.

8 comments:

  1. Daniel is a precious gift indeed. I have been waiting and watching for the news. Actually I came by here a couple of times today -- just had a feeling -- but Hallie prompted me to check again this evening. Glad Daniel is here. Enjoy baby cuddling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Baby Daniel and your wedding anniversary. Looks like happy big brothers.

    And, BTW, tell Papa Dan I LOVE chocolate too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for all! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I just posted and it disappeared! Anyway, thanks for the congratulations! Daniel is doing great and he and Ann came home Monday afternoon. I'm loving snuggling him and usually go over when the big boys get home from school so Ann can spend some time with them. Eric was home today, so I'll go over in a little bit when he has a meeting to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popping by to check for an update (which you supplied in your comment). Can't wait for more pictures.

    I know he's named for his Grandpa Dan, but tell us what he will be called. And where does "Lane" come from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel will be called Daniel, except when it's shortened to Dan. They wanted a longer name, like Cameron and Keaton's, which could also be short, like Cam or Keat. Lane is just a name they both liked. We didn't know Daniel was even in the running, so we were totally surprised when we got to the hospital and saw his name on the white board in the room. Dan told me later that it was very humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a lovely, meaningful gesture and a wonderful way to honor Dan, whom we have always acknowledged to be a genuinely "nice guy."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment, Kathy. You are absolutely correct--he is a genuine nice guy. After all these years, I'm still amazed and thankful we found each other.

    And he's been doubly honored--Ryan's middle name is Daniel.

    ReplyDelete