I've had a lovely day, lazing about and enjoying my air conditioned house and chatting with family on the phone. Dan was going to take me out to dinner, but tacos sounded good and so I made us some. They were just right.
Here's a picture of me not long after this day all those years ago:
I really was little once! :-)

You were just a tiny little thing. So cute! Sorry I'm a bit late with my comment, but happy birthday nonetheless! May the whole month of August be a celebration of you. :)
ReplyDeleteI have tried three times to comment here. Somehow my identity wasn't traveling over the web-o-sphere with me and Blogger, in its infinite wisdom, was denying me the privilege of speaking. Let's see if this one takes.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little pre-1950's "boomer" baby -- so trendy in stylish sweater and matching bootees! Bet they were pink. And did bootees ever stay on? I know mine didn't.
And look at the way your mom is shading your bare legs with her hand. They probably hid your receiving blanket just for the picture.
It's amazing to think we all started out as tiny babies and it's strange to think of that little girl as me.
ReplyDeleteRegarding the sweater and booties, I think they were cream colored with pink edging. Mom taught herself to knit when she was pregnant with me, and these are crocheted, so I'm not certain where they came from. Perhaps Mom will remember and confirm the color. (I remember using the sweater for my dolls when I was older--at least I'm thinking it was the same one.)